Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Windows Update, fail

During the New Year, I managed to receive and get new things through gifts (particularly gadgets, I don't know if it was coincidental with the New Year though), and I very much appreciated this gesture during the first quarter. Why? Because I have a short-attention span, that's all. Picture this: You want a digital SLR. You like photography. After getting your inexpensive camera, you tinker with it. You fall in love with it. You go to different locations, photographing particular places of pulchritude, sceneries, landscapes, and even common things (because it just looks soooooo good on a gooood camera). After a month or so, your desire and hunger for shooting things slowly falters, and it's slowly fading away, like falling out of love. Even worse, I become bored of something just after a day, usually when I can't tinker and play with it anymore, e.g., a cellphone's capabilities. It's like love at first sight, you know? I just won't pass by again. Read on.





Proceeding to the main storyline. I was exposed to the world of Windows, of Microsoft, of Adobe. I'd like to give my full attention to Microsoft though, as it made my whole schooling a breeze. Don't get me wrong, what I mean by breeze is that whenever we're given homework and it's not specified if it's supposed to be handwritten or not, I make it a point to always ask my teacher, "Ma'am, can I have it computer-ized?" And yes, I have a high success rate. Therefore, no calluses for my fingers! (does a little victory dance) And no, I think about my homework. I don't copy paste my work, unless the homework's generic. I like writing too, you know, whenever given a particular topic. I just like voicing out.



Anyway, of course, I have Microsoft 2007 (it's the latest, d'oh) and I've always been in love with it. It's been with me whenever I need to write my thesis, whenever I need to do a case or feasibility study, whenever I need to do my homework. It's like miracle from above, you know? (u Jobs butted in, that is: thanks a lot Apple) Yeah, I definitely use Word the most (since I'm too lazy to try those other applications, sheesh) and it really annoyed me since there's a Windows update a month ago (yes, it's been a month ago and I'm still having problems with it) and whenever I try to install it, it always fail. It's been rather annoying, I don't like repetitive things *coughFARMVILLEcough*. Finally, after a month of procrastination, I decided to fix it once and for all. Just some clicks here and some keywords there, and voila - the solution! Thank God support was invented.



Now that I have the solution, it'll probably take me another month or so to do it. I like Nike though! I'll have to add my own tag line though: "Just do it - tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment