Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A cup of tea, please.

A month full of new experiences. A month full of new viewpoints and perspectives. I could still vividly remember the scene back then, on the cozy and gloomy machine (well, it was dawn, you see), on how it served as a wonderful instrument in making all of these possible. I don't want to get specific, sometimes I might be vague, but that's how I play my game. Moving on, I drank neither coffee or tea before (but I do drink cappuccinos, frappes, and iced tea), and I was quite in a shock when I was asked, "Coffee or Tea, sire?" "With milk or none?" Coffee or Tea? Good question. I was cranky from my lack of sleep (spent all the time either watching movies or eating), and as a result, I couldn't think very well. The thing that only registered in my mind was sleep. Therefore, I tried my best in giving an acceptable answer other than "Whatever tickles your fancy", and putting my best foot forward (and a formidable British accent), I said, "A cup of tea, please. With milk."
I never really knew how actual tea tasted like. I've always drank iced tea before, but I didn't know whether it counted as tea or not (up to now, actually). So there, in a snap (well, not really - it took half a minute for my tea to be prepared), I finally tasted real tea. Excited enough, I drank with all my might and scalded my tongue (blame the cup for looking harmless, I say). After the burning sensation subsided, I drank a little bit and earnestly tasted it. I couldn't really describe the taste though, it just tasted plain.. leafy. I couldn't taste the milk, that 'unique' taste just covered my taste buds and took all my tastes away. And in that instant, it provided my body with warmth (I didn't really need the warmth though, I didn't even use the blanket or anything and I was sweating).. unneeded warmth. "Ah, whatever," I mumbled. "I just need my sleep."
And thanks to the tea, I finally was able to sleep.
For five minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment