Thursday, June 17, 2010

iPhone 4 hype

For those living under a rock, Steve Jobs, the CEO of Apple, recently introduced the newest addition in the Apple family: the iPhone 4. This changes things.. all over again. Apple fanboys and normal people alike are now all palpitating to just get their hands on the newest beauty of Apple.


As much as I don't want to admit this to myself, but I'm disappointed about the release of Apple's iPhone 4. Why? Because I just bought an iPhone 3GS several weeks after it came out - fresh, new, and the talk during that time. I was happy with my iPhone 3GS for several weeks, too, until the iPad came out. I wanted to get my hands on an iPad too (at this point, I don't know whether you can call me an Apple fanboy or not), because a tablet computer really appealed to me. Plus, it's elegant and beautiful. Therefore, a hint of regret. I should have bought a BlackBerry smartphone instead, and bought an iPad afterwards. Really nice combination right? Yeah, I thought so too. Until the iPhone 4 came along anyway.


As Jobs mentioned, this changes things all over again. Yep, that tagline really suits pretty much everything. Everyone has been gaga enough to pre-order their own iPhone 4-s. I cannot help but pity myself a little too, since I was too hasty in buying a phone. And I knew Apple had something in their hands too.


So, enough with the reminiscing of the past. Here in my place, the desert city, almost everyone owns either an iPhone or a BlackBerry. Those who own an iPhone are mostly yuppies and teens, and those who own a BlackBerrry smartphone are mostly businessmen and workers (vice-versa). It's pretty much common to see the person at your right holding an iPhone and the person to your left holding a BB smartphone.


And, when the iPhone 4 was available for pre-orders, everyone took the bait. Yes. Almost. Here's the article.


Apple recently introduced the new iPhone 4. Shortly after that the shiny new iPhone went live in the Apple online shop for pre-order. And Apple fans made proper use of this, they ordered all the stock within less than 24 hours. SOLD OUT!
The pre-order process for the new Apple iPhone had some glitches in it too, the website was not accessible for some, others couldn’t get their orders through.
Just imagine how fast the new iPhone 4 would have sold out without the Apple online store going down?
Now the next event to watch is the official launch of the iPhone 4 on June 24. That is the day when the shiny iPhone goes on sale in the Apple stores in US and some other countries.
One UAE iPhone insider told us: “We believe that the new Apple iPhone 4 will sell 2 million units on the first weekend alone”. And he is not the only one who thinks so. What do you think? Will Apple really sell so many iPhones?
The Apple iPhone 4 will also be available for Apple fans in UAE close to launch day as we stated earlier. Did you order yours already?
- http://dubaiinformer.com/tech/3583/iphone-4-sold-out-in-less-than-24-hours/#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=iphone-4-sold-out-in-less-than-24-hours









See what I'm talking about? It sold out... here! Oh, wait.. America? That's more than 3000 miles away from here. Oh, dang...


Back to the drawing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment