Tuesday, June 15, 2010

On being a bookworm

I won't deny that I am indeed what you call a bookworm. Yes, ever since I was a child (internet was still not rampant and fully developed, oh and you still can't copy your homework from Wikipedia), I really took pleasure in reading Groiler's (or was it Broiler's?) Encyclopedias. From A-Z, I read them all.


Oh, wait. Gimme a break. I was still a toddler back then, and yeah, I must admit. By 'reading', I mean looking at those nice, detailed and colored pictures on the book and reading their captions. That's considered reading, you know. But anyway, it still doesn't change the fact that whenever I touch a book (that I am interested in, of course), I won't stop reading it - especially when it's a page-turner! (yes, I am referring to you, Harry Potter. or J.K Rowling) And to those who are wondering what type of books, any book would do, as long as it's not related to books that are in the school's library or something. Math books? Out of the question.


So far, I have been reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (since I had nothing to do,meh) , and I only got to it a day ago. I only read on free time though, and by free time, I mean idle times, i.e., when I get off the internet, I'm bored to death, blahblah. And I'm also looking forward to finishing this book by tonight, as there are only less than 100 pages of the book left to be read. I don't intend in finishing all of my books right now though, as the books I only have ATM are 4.. and that includes Eclipse. Yes, Stephenie Meyer's.


And with that, something in me died a little bit. I guess I'm off installing a new game I just got recently. From being a bookworm, to being a hardcore videogamer-slash-fanboy. You knew it!



No comments:

Post a Comment