Friday, November 5, 2010

Mall woes

Today, I'm going to post something that everyone could somehow relate to. It's related with malls. Yeah, the favorite past time of ladies - shopping. Kaching! It's for today's menu. 

Whoever said that money can't buy happiness didn't know where to shop.
I like this quotation. Although it's from Gossip Girl (I posted this once on my site and a friend asked, "OMG YOU WATCH GOSSIP GIRL? x"), it's very true. And no, I don't watch Gossip Girl. I'd rather watch Family Guy, thank you very much.

Moving on...
There are lots of things which money could buy! And by money, I mean hard-earned money. That's when you actually "buy" happiness - when you receive your hard-earned money. When you buy something you really want with your own cash! Not money you get as inheritance or shit. For me, I'm really into gadgets (well actually there are more, but I'll leave that to myself). So, I know where to buy my stuff, yeah? Go to a mall, go into the gadgets cluster, then waste money on stuffs I want. You'll be happy, because you got what you wanted. I'll be happy, because I got the thing I yearned for.

The problem starts WHEN people get too much obsessed with cash. Imagine, for example, buying a designer bag. Of course it's expensive, it's fucking branded. You could feed lots of people with the money you spend on those bags. Well of course, we all have our tastes. So if you really saved up for that designer bag, then it's fine. Anyway. For instance, you buy one of those infamous LV bags. Wow, it's beautiful. The price tag is also beautiful. And then all of a sudden, you want another one. That's where the problem starts. You get too indulged in it. Solution? Slow down lady, take a chill pill, will you be always be using that bag? I don't think so. Save up for a car or a house next, or better yet, a college nest for your kids. 

I got really off-topic here. I was supposed to discuss about going to a mall, and then end up not buying anything you want in the end. Sad, eh? Luckily, I don't experience that horrendous feeling. I'm thankful. But it's very dreadful, indeed. Your eyes hurt and you don't get treatment for it. You drool for things but end up being fed with air. Oh, life is such a bitch sometimes.

Ratio of off-topic words to on-topic words: 4:1

Thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment