Saturday, August 7, 2010

I am Botasky. Now who wants to be Packy?

For all the inquisitive and curious minds out there, I ask you: What do you think of bunnies (yes, those soft and adorable and fluffayyyyyyy creatures that often times get abused my magicians)? Most of your perceptions would be cute, pettable (if there is such a word, but my spelling and grammar check says none, anyway I'll still go with it), kind, etc etc etc and flufayyyyyyy. Before your imaginations run wild, imagine this scenario: In Pandora their own worlds, which is probably set in an Anime-ish world (thanks, Japan), rabbits are like human beings - they talk, they wear clothes, they celebrate during Sundays, they function like a regular human being, to cut it short. I just realized that this post is gonna be oh so controversial when it finishes, Imma work this out in the end. Therefore, rabbits can have BIG GUNS. Yes, the big guns loved by big boys and men alike. Uhuh, you know it - like AK-47 rifles. Yeah, those type of guns. What were you thinking? Nevermind, just keep it to yourself. Read on, and get your pants back on.




This is Botasky. Because I'm feeling generous, might as well provide you a picture right here:


Here, he's with a sniper rifle. Hah.
Now that is Botasky. Now, because every soldier needs at least one comrade, he has his partner Packy. Again, because I'm feeling generous, I will provide you a picture because you are a lazy bum. Google it next time, okay because I might be on PMS the next time?


WIFE BEATER? NO, it's a vest.


Together, they are called Botapacky which sounds like botox to a d-bag. Okay, I made that up. Here's a pic of them together. I can't resist, okay? I had these pets before...


Botasky: Hey, why is the desert hot?
Packy: You probably peed in your pants.
Right. They star in a animated movie named "Cat Shit One" and no, I haven't made that one up. Here's a brief introduction, with due credits to Wikipedia, which is every student's bestfriend next to google right here:


Apocalypse Meow is a three volume manga series written and illustrated by Motofumi Kobayashi. It was originally published in Japan as Cat Shit One in 1998 by Softbank Publishing, but was renamed for the US release to parody the title of the film Apocalypse Now, which also took place during the Vietnam War. It was published in the UK (printed in Canada) in 2004 by ADV Manga. It was also released in Poland in 2006, also under the title Cat Shit One. It has been released in FranceBelgium and Spain, as Cat Shit One, by Glénat in 2006.
I've remained loyal to the original title, because admit it, it sounds better catchier. And here's the summary because it'll make this post longer and admit it, you won't look deeper unto it anyway unless it's served right under your nose. For your viewing reading pleasure, monsieur. 


The manga follows three American soldiers in the Vietnam War named Bota, Perky and Rats. All three are in the recon team called Cat Shit One. Each mission (or chapter) shows the daily activities of the reconnaissance group in Vietnam. There are sections of the manga which give brief history and truths behind the war, such as the types of weapons used by different countries and the activities of forces in the war. At the end of volume one there is a chapter called Dog Shit One — separate from the main story — showing human characters.


And that's the gist of it. For all the noobs out there, manga and anime are completely different things. I don't really need to explain this. I'm too lazy to put it in. Usual excuse: whole new archetype. Period. So, in the movie, or should I say first episode, Packy wasn't Perkins. He was Packy. And Bota was Botasky. See it for yourself. Aw, c'mon, do I really need to provide you with links? It's your time to work your bum off! I had my lion's share here already. 


Manga version.
That's how I got my name here on Blogger. Before, it used to be the different ways my name's being pronounced. Since I decided to take on a more 'anonymous' individual, I have omitted my name out there but still left my Twitter account open and a picture to boot. But, who knows. I might get serious with this blog thing and start being myself. But for now, who wants to be my Packy? I'm waiting.





No comments:

Post a Comment