Tuesday, August 3, 2010

3 Reasons why my "Blogging" is hindered (everytime)

Basically, I can write about stuff whenever and wherever I want. Be it on my mind, be it in the shower where I make life decisions, or even that time in class where everyone is completely blank. However, there are problems that never fail to present themselves whenever I feel the urge to discuss and analyze a particular topic or issue (even rants, mind you) and hinder me from creating a bountiful and (possibly) useful post.


Among the top contenders are [there are 3 (originally 5, but meh)]:
Author's note: Please, please, pretty please read. Put strikethrough here.



  1. The arrogant snob feel. I don't know if this applies to you guys out there or maybe it's just me and my weird way of thinking, but whenever I go on my blog and even manage to click that 'New Post' button, I always ask myself involuntarily, "Are you serious? OMGWTFBBQ there's a new game on the shelves, you should totally check it out dude!". (Okay, so how do you put strikethroughs? I'd like to use them for emphasis, please) Anyway, that's not the arrogant snob feel I'm talking about. This 'feel' I'm talking about is the feeling of satisfaction. I, for one, think that writing is not to be taken so lightly. We spend a lot of time (and years) studying about Grammar in school which usually ends up down the drain, since ppl r lazy n r 2 wise 4 grmmr. Even if I think this, I have no plan to pursue Creative Writing or Journalism, since I am satisfied with the way I write and the way I communicate to others in written form. There's no need to complicate stuffs, really. Anyway, since I have this way of thinking, I feel that writing must be accompanied with a 'professional feel'. For a quick understanding of this 'feel' I'm talking about, imagine businessmen in corporate attires. There they are in their respective desks, organizing their files and flirting with their secretaries. (How the hell can I put strikethroughs!) and writing about something (possibly about how happy Wednesdays are). THAT FEEL-ing. That is the feeling I want whenever I write about something (yes, even for homework and grocery lists). I tend to be somewhat satisfied with this act. Therefore, whenever I blog, you could usually see ravaging through my laptop's keyboard in a table while I drink coffee (thanks, Starbucks). Unfortunately, I do not own a Mac. Perhaps I could never really achieve that professional feel. (or rather, snob appeal?)
  2. My ideas usually materialize into nothingness. Yes, that's right. When I'm in the tub and possibly singing Walking on Sunshine, wo oh~ out loud and think about random things, ideas usually pop up here and there, to and fro inside my psyche. These ideas include random usual things, like "I should totally refrain from buying signature clothes! It does not makes me cooler, nor makes me look expensive. -- What the hell are you talking about? You don't own any signature items, creep!". Those kind of things. But more importantly, things I'd like to blog about, like "How to reach the remote beside the TV from your own couch without lifting a finger because you're lazy like that" and "What to do when USA and Canada befriend one another and decide to combine Apple and BlackBerry together". I organize my thoughts from within and throw ideas here and there to make that wonderful post I've been thinking of the entire time in the tub. And then as soon as I step out of the tub, dry and clothe myself and turn my laptop on, I go in the bathroom again to check my hair and notice that I haven't drained the tub yet. Therefore, I fix my hair (which usually doesn't let me fix it) and reach for that rubber stopper to drain the tub. Alas, the tub is now free from water! No more grime and filth. AH, SHOOT - SO DOES MY IDEA. What did the water and my idea had in common? Answer: They both went down the drain.
  3. The last thing, which is the most annoying for me, is simply... annoying. This little thing pesters me, all the time. What is it, you ask? Well, the font. Being the weird person I am, I want my post's font to look as neat and presentable as possible, like how stage mothers and fathers want their child to look good on stage which usually is futile because the child knows how to swim himself in sweat before the actual program starts. I like Georgia, and some other fonts I can't recall (beat my feat, because there are few fonts to be used in default here in Blogger and I still can't remember them) so I want my posts to be in that certain font. However, as I read numerous blogs, I find more interesting fonts like Helvetica (the Goddess of all fonts). I don't know how to set my font like that, so I get frustrated (my latest addiction is Lucida Grande, btw) every single time. I get so annoyed and agitated that it reaches that point wherein I refuse to blog. I refuse.
So there you have it. Apparently, I have issues with formatting my post, too. But that's on a whole new archetype. I'm afraid I'm too lazy to discuss that part. But for now, I want somebody to teach me how to put strikethroughs on my texts and teach me how to put spaces in between numbered paragraphs. It's annoying me.

PS. If you're that serious, you can send me a (love letter) message. See how strikethroughs could make life easier and put emphasis? Just saying.


Edit: I found myself the answer, thank you very much useless people.

No comments:

Post a Comment